QRH200 - Triangles on a Roll - 2" Finished
Use this size of Triangles on a Roll to make 2 inch finished size half square triangles. This is the most popular size of Triangles on a roll, as there are many patterns that use 2 ½” strips or 2 ½” squares that finish out to 2”.
The seam allowances are included in the pattern, so all you need to do is sew & cut using the pattern on the paper. Instructions are provided on the paper. Each roll of H200 makes 800 half square triangles.
- Cut the fabric to the approximate size (see paper for guidelines). IMPORTANT: Make the fabric slightly larger than the paper.
- Layer two pieces of fabric, right sides together.
- Pin the Triangles on a Roll paper to the top of the fabric.
- Sew the dotted lines using a small stitch. This is important because a tight stitch makes it easier to remove the paper.
- Using a rotary cutter, slice all of the solid lines, this includes the outside edges of the paper.
- Remove paper.
- Open the block & iron flat.
- Cut off the tags on the corners.
You now have a perfectly sized half square triangle.
Remember, the seam allowances are added to the pattern, so your finished size will be smaller than the raw piece.
I find this product indispensable in making half-square triangles. 800 may seem like a lot, but you may not realize how many times you make half-square triangles or pinwheels (4 half-square triangles arranged in a pinwheel design). The Aunt Grace Circle of Friends quilt has 208 half-square triangles!